Lasagna Roll Ups
extra virgin olive oil
9 dry lasagna noodles
3 cups homemade marinara sauce (or store-bought),
15 ounce (1 3/4 cups) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella , divided
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
10 ounce package frozen spinach ,thawed and
2 cloves garlic , minced
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil; throw in a good pinch
of salt and add your lasagna noodles. Cook until al
dente according to package directions. (After draining,
drizzle with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking and
drape them over the colander or lay them flat on a
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spread 1 cup of
marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup of
mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, garlic, Italian seasoning,
salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
4. Spread a 1/3 cup of the mixture onto the length of each
lasagna noodle and roll up in a jelly-roll fashion.
5. Arrange rolls, seam side down, in the baking dish. Top
with remaining 2 cups of marinara sauce, and
remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 35 minutes or
until cheese has melted and the inside is warmed
7. Sprinkle with some additional Parmesan, if desired.
Serve right away and enjoy
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site