Zucchini Stir Fry
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs or tenders), thinly sliced then cut into bite-sized pieces
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce divided
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar divided
2 teaspoons granulated sugar divided
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
3 cloves minced garlic about 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 medium zucchini yellow squash, or a mix
1 large red or yellow onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sesame seeds optional for garnish
Chopped green onion for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Set aside while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Pieces of raw chicken in a glass bowl
- In a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, the ginger, garlic, water, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Trim off the ends of the zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise, then place the flat, cut sides on the counter. Slice crosswise into ¼-inch thick half moons. Thinly slice the onion.
- In a wide skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and its marinating liquid. Saute until the chicken is golden brown on the outsides and fully cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Chicken pieces in a skillet
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onion. Cook until tender and beginning to brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Give the sauce one more stir, then add it to the pan. Let cook 30 seconds, then add the sliced zucchini. Cook just until the zucchini begins to soften, about 3 minutes more.
- Chopped zucchini, yellow squash, and onions in a skillet
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the reserved chicken. Serve hot with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onion as desired.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site