1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4.5 oz diced green chile peppers
16 oz refried beans
8 oz tomato sauce
10 oz enchilada sauce
15 oz chili no-beans (Hormel)
6 flour burrito tortillas (about 12 inches)
2 cups shredded lettuce
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Chopped green onions (for garnish)
Any additional desired toppings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned and onion begins to soften. Click for a medium skillet.
- Drain grease, and season with the garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies and refried beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, no-bean chili, and enchilada sauce. Whisk together until mixed well, and cook over medium heat until heated through. Turn off heat and keep warm. Click for a whisk.
- Divide the beef and bean mixture into 6 portions in the pan.
- Place a burrito sized tortilla on a plate and place 1/6 of the ground beef mixture onto the center.
- Top with a little cheese and lettuce. Leave the lettuce out if you don't want it baked inside. You can substitute or add other veggies as well.
- Fold in the left and right side of the tortilla over the filling, holding in place with your fingers. Then fold in the top and bottom sides of the tortilla over the filling (like an envelope) making sure to overlap well so no filling can escape.
- Repeat with the other 5 tortillas.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9 x 13 oven safe dishes. Click for a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour the entire saucepan of the sauce over the top of the burritos.
- Top with the remaining cheese sprinkled over all evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until burritos are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with more lettuce, tomato, sour cream and dried chives, or your choice of toppings.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site