The Best Easy Crock pot Roast Recipe
2 to 3 lbs roast
1.5 lbs any potatoes of your choice cut into chunks (I used small baby yellow potatoes so there was not cutting)
4 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 onion cut into chunks
4 cups beef stock or broth one carton
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup water for the gravy
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- First cut all your vegetables into large chunks. You want them to be bigger so they will not turn into mush.
- Add your roast to the crock pot and then place the vegetables around the roast.
- Add all your seasonings.
- Next add in the beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Shred the beef.
- Now, time to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the ¼ cup of water and the cornstarch.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the roast, potatoes, and carrots and enjoy!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site