SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
28 ounces tomatoes - or 2 cans diced tomatoes, 14 1.2 ounces each
¼ cup salsa - your favorite
2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning - you can use my homemade version, link in the post
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
28 ounces canned black beans - 2 cans black beans, 14-15 ounces each, drained and rinsed
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped - finely chopped, it comes in a small can in the Hispanic section in the grocery store
1 cup brown rice - uncooked
½ cup whole kernel corn - canned, drained and rinsed, or i ear fresh ear or frozen
2 cups vegetable broth
10 whole wheat tortillas
- In your slow cooker add the tomatoes, salsa, beans, rice, corn, seasonings, chipotle in adobo sauce and broth. Stir and cover.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. The rice will be tender and most of the liquid will be absorbed.
- Lay out your tortillas and place about ⅓ to ½ cup on each tortilla. ½ Cup is for a very large burrito.
- Spread down through the center.
- On these burritos, I folded each end just about 1 ½" over the point edge of the beans. Then I rolled up the tortilla along the long edge. If you have a certain technique that you want to use on these - go right ahead.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site