Slow Cooker Beer Onion Brisket
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 red onions , sliced
4 cloves garlic , minced
2 teaspoons Kosher salt , divided
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 pound beef brisket
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
12 ounces beer
- In a large skillet melt the butter on medium heat and add in the onions and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until they start to caramelize.
- Add in the garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the canola oil and turn the heat up to medium-high.
- Season the brisket with the remaining salt and the pepper.
- Brown on both sides for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add the brisket fat side up into the slow cooker and top with onion and garlic mixture.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce and beer around the brisket and cook for 8 hours on low heat.
- Slice against the grain to serve.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site