PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE
1 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers
1/4 light brown sugar packed
1/3 cup melted butter
Pecan Filling Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup dark corn syrup
1/3 cup melted butter
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
2 tsp. all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
2/3 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup chopped pecans toasted
- Line a 9 inch round springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together crushed vanilla wafers, light brown sugar, and melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press crust into the bottom of the springform pan and about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to use.
Pecan Filling Directions:
- Combine granulated sugar, dark corn syrup, butter, eggs, chopped pecans, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly (about 7 minutes).
- Pour pecan filling into the springform pan and spread into an even layer.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
Cheesecake Filling Directions:
- Beat cream cheesed in a stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add in light brown sugar and flour and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg, and turn off the mixer.
- Gently stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour cheesecake filling into the springform pan over the pecan filling and spread into an even layer.
- Place pan onto a baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 60-70 minutes, until the center of the cheesecake is set.
- Turn off oven heat and let cheesecake sit in the warm oven for another 60 minutes with the door closed.
- Remove pans from the oven and run an offset spatula around the perimeter of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan.
- Allow cheesecake to cool completely inside the springform pan.
- While cheesecake is cooling, begin preparing the topping by combining melted butter and light brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Let cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes until mixture begins to bubble.
- Add ground cinnamon, heavy cream, and toasted chopped pecans and stir.
- Remove from heat and let topping cool to room temperature.
- To serve, release sides of the springform pan and drizzle topping over the cheesecake.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site