MEXICAN PICADILLO (BEEF & POTATO)
1 lb ground beef
½ cup onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 cups potato, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces tomato sauce*
1½ cup beef broth
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 bay leaf
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef. Cook over medium heat while breaking up the meat. Cook until mostly browned, drain grease and return to heat.
- Add in diced onion, green bell pepper and potatoes. Continue to cook over medium heat until onion and peppers are softened. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in tomato sauce and beef broth. Add in seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, and coriander. Stir to combine. Add bay leaf.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir, and continue cooking with the lid off for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are softened and most of the liquid is gone.
- Serve warm with flour tortillas and rice.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site