Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
6 medium russet potatoes about 2 ½ lbs. total
6 Tbsp. butter* melted
2 Tbsp. oil olive or avocado
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
6 oz. sliced cheddar cheese cut into 1-inch squares
4 oz. cooked bacon crumbled*
Sour cream optional
Green onions optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash potatoes, scrub, and dry thoroughly.
- Place two chopsticks on a cutting board and place one potato in between them, with the long-axis of the potato running parallel to the chopsticks.
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts approximately ⅛-¼-inch apart starting at least ½-inch from the end of the potato. Stop cutting when your knife hits the chopsticks so the bottom is still connected.
- Repeat this until the entire potato is sliced thinly. Do this with the other 5 potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together oil, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Use a pastry brush and brush half of the mixture over all of the potatoes. Spread apart the slices using your fingers or a fork to ensure the sauce gets in-between the pieces.
- Cover the baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Brush remaining sauce over the potatoes and return to oven, uncovered, for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes so they are safe to touch. Place a 1-inch square of cheese in-between each potato slice. Repeat with all slices and in all potatoes.
- Return potatoes to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve potatoes with crumbled bacon, sour cream, and green onions. Enjoy!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site