Hawaiian Chicken with Coconut Rice
~1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins 7-8 pieces
1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
5-6 cloves fresh garlic
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp honey
1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
3/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
- Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinate. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!).
- Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or non-stick skillet.
- Cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
- Slice pineapple into 1/2-1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.
- On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~17-20 minutes (See Note 1). Remove from heat.
- If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.
- Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site