CRISPY PORK WITH SAUCY SPICY NOODLES
For the sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp chilli oil
3 garlic cloves crushed
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp chilli flakes
1 cup water
2 tsp cornstarch / cornflour
For the pork
500 g (1lb) pork tenderloin cubed
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup flour
½ cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
500 g noodles cooked and drained
spring onion/green onion finely chopped
- In a large pan, heat the sesame and chilli oils together then add the garlic.
- Cook until fragrant (30 seconds, or so) then add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey and chilli flakes.
- Mix cornstarch with water to make a slurry then add and allow to simmer. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Set aside.
- Chop the pork into bite-size chunks. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and soy sauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch and salt together. Coat the pork first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the flour again.
- Heat a large pot of vegetable oil over high heat and once hot, carefully add the pork in batches and fry until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on a wire rack set over a sheet pan.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente then drain. Toss the noodles with the sauce.
- Serve the noodles and sauce in bowls topped with crispy pork and spring onion
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site