Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
6 (1.5 pounds, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry marsala wine
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup heavy cream
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts all around with garlic powder, dried basil, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prepared chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with mushrooms and garlic.
- Return skillet over medium-high heat and add the marsala wine; cook for 1 minute, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour wine over chicken and mushrooms.
- Close with a lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and set aside on a plate.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a mug or a small mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated; then, whisk the slurry into the wine sauce.
- Add heavy cream to the wine sauce and whisk until combined.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker; cover with a lid and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer chicken from slow cooker to plates; top with mushroom sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site