Chicken Parmesan Sliders
1 (12 pack) Hawaiian rolls
12 frozen chicken nuggets or tenders (*read notes below)
1 cup marinara or pasta sauce
6 slices mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup butter (plus more for greasing the dish)
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook the chicken according to the package directions; set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and butter the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls horizontally in half without separating the rolls; place the bottoms into your prepared dish and bake for about 3 minutes (just enough to toast the bread a bit).
- Place a precooked chicken nugget onto each one of the bottom pieces and then top with the marinara followed by the mozzarella cheese and top halves of the rolls.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and mix with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning; brush the mixture evenly over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the grated parmesan over top.
- Cover your dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the buns turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the counter for about 5 minutes. They should pull apart easily, but you can also cut them at the seperation lines with a sharp spatula or knife if that's easier.
- Serve alone or with additional marinara for dipping.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site