3 c chicken shredded
1/2 c salsa
1 small can diced chilies
1 c Mexican Cheese shredded
12 flour tortillas 5-6" rounds
vegetable or canola oil for frying
2 c iceberg lettuce shredded
- Fill a large pot with enough oil to reach 2 inches up the side of the pan. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reads 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, salsa, diced chiles, cheese, garlic salt and pepper.
- Working with 4 tortillas at a time, spread a heaping spoonful along the middle of each tortilla. Roll tortilla tightly around the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Using tongs, hold each flauta in hot oil until firm, then release to continue cooking. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then remove to a paper towel-lined plate and immediately season with salt.
- Keep flautas warm in the oven on a sheet tray while assembling and cooking the remaining tortillas.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site