CHEESE STUFFED MEATLOAF
1 pound lean ground beef
½ pound Italian sausage
1 cup pizza sauce divided
½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 eggs whisked
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons dried parsley
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces 1 cup shredded or sliced Mozzarella or Provolone cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together eggs, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, parsley, parmesan, and ⅓ cup pizza sauce together until well combined.
- Add in ground beef and sausage and gently combine, being careful to not overmix your meatloaf mixture.
- Flatten and top with ⅔ cup mozzarella or provolone cheese.
- Roll meat around cheese and shape into a loaf.
- Place meat on broiler pan or loaf pan and top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the center reaches 165 degrees.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then slice and serve.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site