VEGAN VODKA SAUCE
3 tablespoons olive oil (or plant-based butter)
½ cup minced yellow onion
3 cloves garlic minced
6 onces tomato paste
¼ cup vodka
14 ounces canned coconut cream (or canned coconut milk)
1 pound (16 ounces) penne pasta
Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat the olive oil or plant-based butter over low-medium heat. Cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato paste. It will transform to a deep red color. Lower the heat and stir in the vodka. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream or coconut milk, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and transfer to skillet with sauce, reserving about 1-2 cups of pasta water.
- Stir everything together until well incorporated. Add reserved pasta water until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site