Vegan Tomato Basil Pasta
8 oz linguine
⅓ cup pasta water reserved from cooking
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
16 oz cherry/grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon lemon juice about ½ lemon juiced
½ teaspoon dried parsley
¼-1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
salt & pepper to taste
½ cup chopped basil
vegan parmesan optional, to top pasta
- First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and dice up the shallots and garlic. Before straining the pasta, make sure to reserve ⅓ cup of pasta water to use later in the sauce.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and turn on the heat. Once hot, add in the chopped shallots and minced garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes until beginning to turn translucent.
- Next, add in the tomatoes and seasoning including the lemon juice, dried parsley, and red chili flakes. You can also add salt & pepper to your liking at this time.
- Cook the tomatoes for 12-15 minutes until they "burst" and the juices come out. Make sure to stir the mixture around while cooking. If any tomatoes haven't burst by the 15 minute mark, gently pierce them with a fork to help burst them or leave them whole.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked, add in the cooked pasta, pasta water, and basil and stir together. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with vegan parmesan. Enjoy!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site