Soft and Chewy Lemon Crinkle Cookies
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups Cake Flour
2 tsp. corn starch
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cold, cubed (16 Tbsp.)
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. lemon extract
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (4 Tbsp.)
2 tsp. lemon zest (add more for more lemon flavor!)
2-5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Sugar to roll cookies in:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together the All-purpose flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and secure the paddle attachement. Turn the mixer on the lowest setting. Let the mixer cream the butter for ~30 seconds, followed by the white sugar until light and fluffy. 2-4 minutes.
- Then add in the eggs, egg yolks, extracts, lemon juice, lemon zest and food coloring. Blend until mixed. If any of the butter gets stuck on the paddle attachment use a rubber spatula to knock it off.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined. Turn machine off.
- Measure out ~8, 5 oz. cookies (you can of course make smaller if you want!). In a bowl or shallow dish, roll the dough balls in granulated sugar first, and then in powdered sugar next. Place 6 cookies on 1 cookie sheet and 2 on another.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes. Let them rest on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site