Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast
1.75 - 2.5 kg / 3.5 - 5lb pork loin OR shoulder/boston butt ,or scotch fillet, skinless (Note 1)
1.5 tbsp olive oil , separated
2 tsp EACH paprika, thyme
1 tsp EACH garlic powder, onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper , optional
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
HONEY BUTTER SAUCE:
3/4 cup honey
125g / 1/2 cup butter , unsalted
5 cloves garlic , minced
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt and pepper , each
3 tsp cornflour/cornstarch mixed with splash of water
- Spice Rub: Rub pork with about 1 tsp oil. Mix Rub together then sprinkle over pork. Pat to adhere all over.
- Brown: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork and sear all around until deep golden brown (don't let spices burn). Place pork in slow cooker.
- Honey Butter Sauce: Wipe pan. Add butter and melt. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until golden. Add remaining Sauce ingredients, mix, simmer rapidly for 30 seconds.
- Pour Sauce over pork. Cover slow cooker.
- Pork loin - Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours (see Note 2 for cook times for different sizes)
- Pork Shoulder - Cook on LOW for 10 hours (see Note 2 for cook times for different sizes, and Note 4 for oven, InstantPot and pressure cooker methods).
- Remove pork onto serving platter, cover loosely with foil (10 - 20 minutes rest). (See Note 6 on Doneness)
- Pour all juices in slow cooker into large saucepan. Add cornflour water mixture, mix.
- Thicken Sauce: Simmer on medium high for 5 minutes or until it reduces down to a syrupy consistency (Note 3).
- Slice pork into thick slices (1.5 - 2 cm / 3/5 - 4/5" thick). Serve with PLENTY of Honey Butter Sauce!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site