SLOW COOKER PINEAPPLE PULLED PORK TACOS
2.5 lbs. pork tenderloin
28 oz. canned pineapple chunks with juice
¼ cup soy sauce , gluten free
2 Tbsp. apricot preserves
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. pepper
Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
¾ cup ketchup
¾ cup reserved pineapple chunks
3 Tbsp. apricot preserves
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. lime juice
16 corn tortillas
8 oz. goat cheese optional
Green onions optional
See this recipe in Meal Plan #7
- Place pork tenderloins in a large crockpot.
- Combine pineapple juice from can, soy sauce, preserves, garlic powder and pepper in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over pork tenderloins and add all but ¾ cup pineapple chunks. You will reserve these pineapples for the pineapple sauce.
- Set slow cooker to Low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes shred pork and let cook for the remaining time.
For the Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- If you like your BBQ sauce hot, heat it up in a small saucepan before serving.
- Drain excess liquid from the shredded pork in the slow cooker.
- Serve pork in corn tortillas with cilantro, goat cheese, green onions and pineapple sauce. Enjoy! See this recipe in Meal Plan #7.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site