Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1 medium sweet or yellow onion, sliced
1 (18-ounce) jar apricot preserves
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (3 to 4 pound) pork loin, either boneless or with the bone
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork loin with salt and pepper and brown it on all sides. Place in a 6-quart or larger crock pot.
- Add the onion. Stir together the preserves, chicken broth, soy sauce, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder and pour over pork loin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Mix together the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Open the crock pot and skim the fat off the top. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir it in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site