Simple Ground Beef & Sweet Potato Skillet
1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
1-1/2 lbs lean grass fed ground beef, or ground turkey
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 sweet onion, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, diced
1 cup frozen or fresh organic corn
1/2 cup beef broth
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 tsp of oregano
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
fresh parsley, chopped
cooked brown rice or quinoa, to prepare your meal prep bowls
- Rinse and scrub your potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt. Pat the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Chop your sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and dice your peppers and onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Immediately add in your ground meat and cook, stirring well and breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until it is small crumbles. Cook until browned about 5-7 minutes. Once browned place the beef on a covered plate, and set aside.
- Using that same skillet, add in onion, bell peppers and sweet potatoes; cook until slightly tender crisp.
- Pour in the broth, add Dijon mustard and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Next, stir in your cooked ground meat and corn.
- Add in oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Stir until everything is well combined. Cook for 2 minutes more until liquid is reduced a bit.
- Taste test, and adjust seasonings to your preferences.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with cooked brown rice or quinoa.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site