SHRIMP EGG ROLLS (AIR FRYER OR BAKED)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 large scallions, chopped
3 cups chopped green cabbage
1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
1/2 pound large peeled raw shrimp, chopped
6 egg roll wrappers
Olive oil spray
Sweet chili sauce, duck sauce or spicy mustard, for dipping (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté, until shrimp is almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and scallions. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cabbage and carrots, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook on high heat until vegetables are tender crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain and let cool.
- One at a time, place egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, points facing top and bottom like a diamond. Spoon a 1/3 cup mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Lift the point nearest you and wrap it around the filling.
- Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil using your fingers to evenly coat.
- In batches, cook 370F for 5 to 7 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with dipping sauce on the side, if desired.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site