1 large onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
9 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups Small Curd 4% Cottage Cheese
3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13- inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onions into the melted butter and season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook onions until they are soft and caramelized, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking combine the cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, egg, pepper, onion powder, 1 cup of grated cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and HALF of the onions. Stir to combine.
- Place 3 noodles into the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese mixture and spread to cover the noodles. Lay 3 more noodles on top of the filling and top that with the remaining filling mixture. Lay the last 3 noodles on top, sprinkle with the reserved onions and remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and broil for 3 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site