PASTA WITH SPINACH, EASY & QUICK!
8oz (225 grams) pasta (penne, rigatoni, spaghetti…)
1 Tbsp olive oil or extra virgin olive oil, plus more to serve
2-3 garlic cloves, finely sliced or minced
9oz (250 grams) baby spinach, washed
¼ tsp fine salt, plus more to taste
5oz (140 grams) cream cheese
1oz (30 grams) freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
¼ tsp ground nutmeg, or ⅓ of freshly grated nutmeg, or according to taste
black pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta until al dente following the package directions. Before draining, reserve at least 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 or 2 minutes until fragrant (make sure you don't burn it).
- Add part of the spinach and season with salt. Stir until wilted adding handful of spinach at a time.
- When the spinach are wilted but still bright green, stir in cream cheese and 1/3 cup of pasta cooking water (don't add all the reserved water straight away, but save the rest in case you need to loosen the sauce when you add pasta to the skillet).
- Then add grated parmesan cheese and nutmet to the sauce and give a good stir. The sauce will be ready in a couple of minutes.
- Drain pasta, add to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve immediately ¼with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site