6 pieces of sandwich bread square shape
One red bell pepper diced
One green bell pepper diced
8 strips of bacon cut into bite-sized pieces
½ onion diced (about ¼ cup)
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded, divided
Extra butter for cooking the omelet
- Take each slice of bread and using a knife cut out the center part of the bread leaving an outline around the bread crust. Save the piece you cut out for later use.
- In a large nonstick skillet place the butter and melt it over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers, onions and bacon and cook stirring frequently until the bacon is fully cooked and vegetables are to your desired tenderness. Once done remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Empty out the extra grease and wipe the skillet clean. Be careful as it might still be hot.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs together with the salt and pepper and ½ cup cheese.
- Depending on the size of your bread and your skillet you can work on 1-2 pieces at a time. Over medium heat place a small pat of butter and place bread into the nonstick skillet.
- Spoon some pepper, onion and bacon mixture into the middle of the bread and spread it around crust to crust (About ⅓ cup if you want to measure)
- Next pour some of the egg mixture into the center until it fills the bread. (About ⅓ cup if you want to measure)
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese over the omelet mixture.
- Next carefully put the cut out square piece of bread back into the hole and push it down slightly.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes. Then carefully using a spatula and your hand on top of the bread to keep the middle piece of bread in place, flip the bread over. Cook the other side 1-2 minutes.
- You may need to add a little butter to the skillet before cooking the next batch.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site