OLD FASHIONED CARROT CAKE RECIPE
2½ cups grated carrot finely grated
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
3 cups powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1 stick butter softened
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl beat the eggs and oil for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and beat just until incorporated.
- Fold the grated carrots into the egg mixture.
- Fold half the flour mixture into the egg mixture until combined.
- Fold remaining flour in.
- Beat batter for 1 minute.
- Pour into a prepared 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and beat for one minute on high.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cake and sprinkle walnuts over the top.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site