Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 lb thinly sliced beef
1 small onion
2 bell peppers, sliced,
2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups shredded provolone
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup beef broth
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced beef, garlic salt, and pepper and cook it until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside, but leave about 2 Tbsp of grease in the skillet to cook the vegetables in. If there isn't enough grease left, just add a little more oil to the pan for the veggies.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until softened.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and cream cheese to the pan and combine. Heat through until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the beef back to the pan and combine all ingredients. If you don't have an ovenproof skillet that's large enough to hold all of the ingredients, transfer the mixture to a 9x13 pan and combine it in there.
- Sprinkle with shredded provolone cheese or provolone slices.
- Bake 15 mins until heated through. Broil 2-3 mins if prefer crispy cheese on top.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site