2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons granulated or powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (15-20 lb) watermelon
3/4 cup sliced strawberries
3/4 cup blueberries
3/4 cup raspberries
- Add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla to a large bowl and whip for 2-3 minutes on high speed or until stiff peaks form. Then set aside for later.
- Cut the ends of the watermelon off then set the watermelon up on its end.
- Carefully slice the rind from off of the outside of the watermelon and form it into a cylindrical shape as best you can without cutting too much of the fruit off.
- Lay the watermelon back down on its side then slice it in half.
- Place one half of the watermelon on a cake stand then add a layer of the whip cream on top then place the other watermelon half on top.
- Blot the outside of the watermelon with a paper towel to get rid of any excess moisture then cover the outside with the remaining heavy cream.
- Add the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to the top of the cake along with a few mint leaves then slice and serve.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site