Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (or beef broth)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small sweet onion , diced
1 small green bell pepper , diced
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar or monterey jack cheese
6 hamburger bunsInstructions
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and broth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add the onion and peppers; sauté 3 minutes until tender. Add in the beef and continue to cook, breaking it up and browning, for another 3 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Give the broth and cornstarch a quick stir and add it to the skillet; simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly.
- Scoop some mixture onto buns, top with 1/4 cup cheese, and stick under the broiler until melted-keep a close eye, so nothing burns! (Alternatively, you can simply add the cheese in with the meat mixture and stir until combined and melted.)
- Serve warm with chips and enjoy!