1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
6 3-4 ounce boneless skinless salmon fillets
salt and pepper
1/3 cup real maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
a dash of Sriracha (optional)
fresh chives and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large cast iron (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan, top side down.
- Let brown until caramel-coloured on the first side (about 2 minutes) and then flip to brown on the other side.
- While the salmon is browning, whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and Sriracha in a small bowl and pour it over the salmon fillets.
- Add the whole pan to the preheated oven, uncovered, and cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
- Spoon the maple glaze over the salmon again before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives, if desired.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site