3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
1 cup of your favorite jarred salsa
1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons tomato paste
16 white or yellow 6 inch corn tortillas
16 oz. shredded pepper jack, or Monterey jack cheese
4 cups shredded lettuce
Other favorite taco toppings, like sour cream, limes, cilantro, guacamole, olives, corn, black beans
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, combine salsa, broth, spices, and tomato paste. Heat over medium heat, stirring to combine. When the mixture is warm, after about 5 minutes, stir in the shredded chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through.
- Brush 2 (9x13) baking dishes with olive oil. Lightly brush each tortilla with oil as you layer them in the baking dishes (see photos above), spooning the chicken mixture evenly between the 16 tortillas, 8 in each baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are beginning to brown.
- Serve immediately with all of your favorite taco toppings.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site