EASY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
5 tbsp unsalted butter
½ onion chopped
⅓ cups all purpose flour
2 cups chicken stock
1 celery stalk finely diced
2½ cup broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces
2 cups whole milk
2 cups shredded cheddar
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar
- Place large pot over medium heat and melt butter. Add onion and sweat, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir in celery and broccoli and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in milk and continue to simmer until soup is thick enough to just coat the back of a wooden spoon, 2 to 3 minutes. (soup should still have a 'soupy' texture)
- Remove pot from heat and stir in cheddar in small handfuls, waiting until cheese melts to add more cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar. Serve.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site