Easy Apple Strudel Recipe
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 8 rolls or use the Crescent Roll Sheet if you can find it
1 1/2 cups Apple Pie Filling or from a can, use about ¾ of a can
Granulated sugar for sprinkling
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanila
1 tablespoon apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll Crescent Rolls onto a large sheet of parchment paper that will fit on a cookie sheet. Press the seams together.
- Using a knife, cut strips 1” apart up and down both sides of the Crescent Roll rectangle, leaving about 3” of untouched space in the center for the filling. Place the pie filling up and down the center where there are no cuts. Wrap each slice up and over the filling, overlapping as necessary. Pinch the ends shut using the tines of a fork.
- Brush the outside of the Crescent Roll with beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place parchment sheet with the strudel on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze: whisk powdered sugar, vanilla, and apple juice. Drizzle over strudel, slice, and serve. Optionally, top with drizzled caramel instead of glaze.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site