COOKIES & CREAM FOOTBALL CHEESE BALL
8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp. Chocolate Syrup
18 Double Stuf Oreos
2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips (Aimee’s recipe calls for 1 Cup)
- Start by crushing the Oreos. I placed mine in a food processor. If you want larger chunks of Oreos in the cheese ball, I recommend placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them by hand. Once crushed, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened cream cheese and butter. Mix on medium-high speed for approximately 3 minutes (scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl, as necessary) or until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, and mix on medium-high speed for an additional 2 minutes (scraping down the sides, as necessary).
- Remove 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture and place in a small Ziploc bag. This is what you will use to create the football laces, once the cheese ball is complete.
- Add the chocolate syrup and crushed Oreos to the remainder of the mixture. Mix on low speed until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap. Place the chocolate cream cheese mixture into the lined bowl. Fold the edges of the plastic wrap around the cheese mixture, so it is completely covered.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap. Shape the cheese ball into a football-shape, and place on a platter.
- Cover the top and sides of the cheese ball with the mini chocolate chips, pressing gently.
- Serve with the dippers of your choosing!
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site