Coconut Bounty Cookie Bars
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk (300ml in Canada, 14 oz in the US)
2 cups unsweetened dried coconut (desiccated coconut)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
3 tbsp butter or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter and mix together with the chocolate cookie crumbs and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bottom layer is baking, stir together the sweetened milk, coconut & vanilla extract.
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly over the previously baked chocolate cookie crust layer.
Coconut Bounty Cookie Bars, second bake.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn brown. Be careful not to over bake or the cookie bars will be too dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
- When cool, melt together the chocolate chips and butter (or whipping cream).
- Spread evenly over the cooled coconut layer and let stand for an hour or so for the chocolate to set.
- Cut in squares and enjoy.
- These cookie bars are very freezer friendly for Holiday baking or just to keep on hand for a dessert or sweet treat at any time.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site