CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAF CAKE
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
2 eggs large
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. I recommend you line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and grease that as well.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. After the mixture is pale and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time mixing until they are incorporated into the batter. Mix in the vanilla.
- Next, add half the flour and stir in gently. Then add all the milk and mix in the remaining flour. Once it is all incorporated, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into your prepared dish and bake for approximately 45 – 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center and when just a few crumbs come off, it is done. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for just a few minutes. Remove from pan after about 5 minutes and let it cool for a further few minutes. This can be served straight away.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site