Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
1 pound boneless chicken thighs
1 onion diced
3 carrots diced
3 stalks celery diced
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
8 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
½ teaspoon thyme
½ cup short grain or Arborio rice
Juice of 2 lemons
Parsley for serving
- Place chicken and scraps from the outer layers and end of the onions, carrots and celery in a large stock pot. Season with salt and pepper, add bay leaves and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred; then strain the chicken broth using a fine-mesh sieve and discard the vegetable scraps.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, garlic and thyme and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken and rice, then return the broth to the stockpot and bring a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with fresh parsley, if desired.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site