Cherry Cheesecake Crescent Muffins
8 oz. refrigerated crescent dough
5 oz. softened cream cheese
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup cherries from cherry pie filling
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2–3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
powdered sugar for dusting-optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease standard muffin pan with baking spray, set aside. This recipe makes 8 muffins.
- To make the cream cheese filling in a bowl stir together cream cheese, 2 Tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla.
- Then, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into 4 rectangles. Seal the perforation between the triangles and cut each rectangle in half to make 8 squares.
- Place a square of dough on your palm, gently stretch the dough, drop one heaping tablespoon of cream cheese filling in the center, then add 1 tablespoon of cherries. Pick up the corner of the dough and pinch them together. Seal all sides and roll it gently between your palms to make the ball. Brush with melted butter, and place in a pan (seal side down). Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes or until the tops get nice golden-brown color. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. You can serve warm with vanilla ice cream or let them cool and dust with powdered sugar if desire.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site