Cheesy Keto Cabbage Soup with Smoked Sausage
1 pound smoked sausage
1 tablespoon avocado oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 medium head cabbage, chopped
10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the smoked sausage into thin rounds.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and onions to the pot and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken stock, cabbage, and Ro*Tel to the pot and stir well to combine.
- Bring a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Melt the cream cheese in the microwave until soft and easy to stir. Stir the cream cheese into the soup along with the cheddar and continue stirring over low heat until the cheeses have melted and the soup is creamy.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site