2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter softened
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup butter softened
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, soft
2-3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in your eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until combined. Mix in your carrots until blended.
- Roll 2 Tbs of cookie dough into balls and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Gently press dough down with palm until flattened.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before placing on wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile to make your frosting in a stand mixer by beating the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and mix until combined. Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition, until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread onto cooled cookies and sprinkle with pecans and coconut.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site