CARAMEL MILKY WAY CHEESECAKE BARS
For the Cookie Layer
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups chopped Milky Way candy bars (I used the Caramel Apple ones)
For the Cheesecake Layer
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
2 Tablespoons flour
For the Topping
4 ounces caramel candies (about 14 squares)
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1Tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with foil. Spray it with nonstick spray.
- Cream the butter, shortening, and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, crumbs, baking soda, and salt and slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the candies by hand. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, caramel, and flour and beat again. Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough in the pan.
- Crumble the rest of the cookie dough gently on top of the cheesecake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool on the counter for 1-2 hours. Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Place the caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat and stir until melted and creamy. Let cool slightly. Drizzle over the top of the cooled bars.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat for 20 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted and smooth.
- Place in a bag and cut one corner off. Drizzle over the cookie bars. Let set. Cut into 16 squares. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site