BUFFALO CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
3-4 spicy chili peppers chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons cayenne powder
1 tablespoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup Buffalo sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
8 ounces cooked pasta I used orecchiette with ¼ cup reserved pasta boiling water
6 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese or more as desired
Crumbled blue cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook about 5 minutes to soften them.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Add the ground chicken and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the meats are cooked through.
- Stir in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper, tomato sauce, Buffalo sauce and vinegar. Stir and simmer about 5 minutes to bring the flavors together. If your sauce is too thin, cook a bit longer to thicken. You can easily let this simmer and let the flavors develop even more.
- Next, add the cream cheese with the reserved pasta boiling water and stir until the cheese is melted through.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir.
- Stir in the shredded pepper jack cheese a bit at a time until it is melted through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh herbs and crumbled blue cheese.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site