Brown Sugar Butter Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (10 ounces)
3/4 cup light brown sugar (5 ounces)
1 large egg
1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white granulated sugar for rolling (optional)
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scoop out dough – approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons- and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the granulated sugar. (You can skip the rolling in sugar if you'd like.)
- Place onto a parchment paper or silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet. Press down with the tines of a fork.
- Refrigerate dough balls for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the centers are set. We do not let the cookies get brown so that they stay soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking pan for 3-4 minutes, then remove to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site