Bacon Cream Cheese Tortellini
2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
6 strips bacon cut into small pieces
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block of Philly) softened
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the tortellini. Start cooking the tortellini once the bacon is done (it'll only take a few minutes for the tortellini to cook).
- Cut the bacon into small pieces (I use kitchen shears to make the job easy). Fry it in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy (about 10 minutes).
- Take the pan off the heat and remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan (keep about 1 tablespoon in there).
- Stir in the garlic, chicken broth, cream, and cream cheese. Return the pan to the burner (medium heat), and stir until you've got a smooth sauce and it's reduced to your liking (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and bacon. Take the pan off the heat and toss with the drained tortellini. If the sauce is too thick, add a few spoonfuls of the pasta water. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site