BACON BUTTER ROASTED VEGGIES
1/2 lb bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and sliced into thirds
1 head cauliflower, heart removed and florets sliced
4 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lemon, for juice and zest
Pepper (salt optional, we did not use it because of the bacon)
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, toss veggies, olive oil, pepper and 1 big squeeze of lemon together until evenly coated. Set aside
- In a small bowl, smash and mix softened butter until it is smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup of crumbled, chopped bacon and continue mixing.
- Add veggies to a sheet pan, top with remaining bacon
- Place little pats of the bacon butter over the top evenly. You may have leftover butter. We only used about 2 tbsp equivalent.
- Roast for 25-30 mins, turning and mixing half way through.
- Finish with lemon zest before serving.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site