Bacon and Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops
6 strips bacon , uncooked
2 lb pork loin chops , boneless (3 or 4 pork chops, depending on size)
salt and pepper
8 oz mushrooms , sliced
2 garlic cloves , minced
5 sprigs fresh thyme , just leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons flour (use gluten free flour for gluten free version, omit flour to make it KETO friendly)
⅔ cup chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
- Chop bacon into smaller bites. In a large skillet, cook on medium heat until the bacon is cooked. Remove bacon from the pan to a plate, leaving the fat in.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same pan, on high-medium heat, cook pork chops 4 minutes on each side in bacon fat, until nicely seared. Reduce heat to medium midway through cooking. Remove the pork chops to a plate from the pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to the same pan. If needed, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring, until mushrooms soften and release juices. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour all over the mushrooms, and stir the flour in on medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and raise the heat to bring to boil, constantly stirring. You should have a smooth slurry from the flour and the chicken broth. Add heavy cream and stir it in while boiling until everything is smooth. Then reduce heat to low.
- Add back the pork chops and the bacon. Cook on low heat, covered, until the pork chops are cooked through.
- To serve, top pork chops with mushroom and bacon mixture and with more fresh thyme leaves.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site