3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Using a medium sauce pan, heat butter and unsweetened chocolate while stirring until smooth; set aside to cool. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees; grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan, or, line with foil and grease. I usually skip the foil step, but, it will make the release easier!
2. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add your eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Add four mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Spread batter evenly into the pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
1. Using a small saucepan heat and stir 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat until nice and smooth. Remove from heat and let chocolate cool.
2. In a medium bowl stir together 6 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. I used a fork to combine the cream cheese and sugar. With a wooden spoon stir in melted chocolate until smooth then frost your cooled brownies.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site