Creamy Beef and Shells
8 ounces medium pasta shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 small sweet onion (diced)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef stock
1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, and add back beef.
- Next, stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- After that, stir in the sour cream.
- Next, fold in the cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley if desired.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site