2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup diced yellow onions
10.5 oz condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
3/4 cup real bacon bits
3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
12 oz Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Crumble the ground beef well as it cooks.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the diced onions to the pan.
- Stir well and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese soup, ketchup, and mustard to the pan.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the pan and stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup of the bacon bits to the pan and stir well again.
- Dump the ground beef mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the ground beef.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of bacon bits on top of the cheese.
- Open the package of Pillsbury biscuits and cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.
- Sprinkle the biscuit pieces on top of the casserole, spacing them out as evenly as possible.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake the casserole until the biscuit pieces are nicely browned on top. 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let the casserole sit for a few minutes before serving.
This Article And Recipe Adapted From This Site